Saturday, October 19, 2013

Parle Vous Francais? French Release of Nightshade City!


CATACOMB CITY, NOVEMBER 1, 2013 from Albin Michel
I've always loved foreign releases of American books! To see a book you love written in another language, with a brand new cover, is just fun to see. On that note, I'm elated to show the French cover of Nightshade City, retitled Catacomb City. The book releases next month and I'm overwhelmed to see my book in another language and from the great French publisher Albin Michel. Five years ago, I never would have believed you if you told me this would happen. I didn't have an agent back then and many times I thought I never would. Long story short, if this can happen to me, it can happen to you. :)

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/21/2013

    That is awesome, Hilary. Cool title and cover. CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Hilary. Just a few words to say that I loved "Catacomb City" as we call it in France. (Billycan is so terrible!!) I'll recommend it to my little customers and I think it could be a nice Christmas present too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ranonymous, thank you so much! Billycan is my quite poorly behaved! I'm so glad you liked the book! :)

      Delete
  3. Hilary, you're such an inspiration to me as a young writer. It's amazing to hear you talk about the days when you were "agent-less" and then to see something as awesome as the FRENCH cover of your book! I just want to say congratulations. You really do inspire me. Keep up the great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilary, I just want to say what an inspiration you are to me! I've said it before, but every time you post these updates, it gives me the strength to keep writing. I hope one day I can see my books published just like you. Thanks for sharing where you came from, from being "agent-less" to having your book in FRENCH! Congratulations. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam, thank you so much! I tell writers groups, "If I can do it, why not you?" I truly believe not only good writing, but perseverance are the two major keys! :)

      Delete

Leave me a message after the beep...BEEP!